Lucia Chapman has represented individuals and corporations in commercial litigation and criminal proceedings in state and federal courts, including bankruptcy courts, across the country, as well as in a variety of administrative proceedings. She also has extensive experience representing bankruptcy trustees and examiners in cases presenting complex litigation issues.
Contact Lucia Chapman
- Investigation, litigation, and preparation of report for the Chapter 11 Trustee of Fletcher International, Inc., a master hedge/private equity fund that is part of a complex master-feeder fund structure.
- Representation of the Chapter 11 Examiner in the Caesar’s Entertainment chapter 11 cases, as conflicts counsel in the Examiner’s investigation of certain pre-petition transactions, and preparation of his final report.
- Special counsel to the Financial Oversight and Management Board for Puerto Rico in lift-stay and related litigation in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico and in the Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Representation of former NYSE specialist in DOJ and SEC securities fraud actions stemming from alleged trading ahead and interpositioning.
- Representation of corporate director in shareholder derivative action relating to alleged backdating of stock options.
- Representation of director of hedge fund in criminal securities fraud investigation.
- Representation of employee in multi-defendant civil litigation relating to investments in subprime mortgage-based CDOs.
- New York, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- Federal Bar Council
- Counsel, Lifflander & Reich
- Of Counsel, Law Office of Henry Putzel, III
- Associate in Litigation Department, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1983, magna cum laude
Yale College, B.A. 1980, cum laude